Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of questions asking if our tours are appropriate for very young children:
- Every child is different, we rely of parents to make this judgement call
- Ask yourself, do you feel your child can sit still in a seat for two hours?
- We must have one person that can paddle for any youngster that cannot paddle for themselves.
- 13 years old is a good guideline for youths wanting to paddle on their own.
- Single Kayak – 260lbs max – 1 person
- Tandem Kayak (dual seating area) – 220lbs max in the rear and 170lbs max in front – 2 persons
- 3-Person Kayak – This set up is perfect for a family of 3 with a child under 75lbs. Total weight limit for this kayak is 500lbs.
No, kayaks or any additional equipment is not needed at all as we provide everything you need for a kayak tour. We are almost the same price as a kayak rental and our guides provide a wealth of knowledge and will take you places you would never be able to find on your own.
Tour times will vary depending on a number of factors including:
- Weather conditions
- Animal behavior
- Sun angles
- Sun intensity
- Time of the year
We Provide Everything You Need For A Comfortable And Fun Experience
1. Single, Tandem Kayak, or 3-Person Kayak (modern, clean, ocean kayaks)
2. Comfortable life vests specifically designed for kayaking – clean and sanitized
3. Free bottled water
4. Water resistant bag – for personal belongings
5. Free photos included for all daytime tours
The Florida sun can be HOT
- Dress appropriately for the weather (Your clothes may get wet)
- Be sure to wear protective clothing to prevent sunburn.
- Don’t forget a hat and sunglasses
- Wear lots of sunscreen? (Dont forget to cover your feet)
- Flip Flops are the shoe of choice
- For Bioluminescence Tours please bring bug spray
Monday through Friday tours begin at Ramp Road Park
- Take 528 or 520 to A1A south
- Head south on A1A to 5th Street South
- Turn right (West) on 5th Street South
- Turn left onto S. Brevard Avenue
- Turn right onto Ramp Road
- Ramp Road Park is at the end of the road
- Look for the Fin Expeditions Trailer with the red and yellow kayaks
Weekend and holiday tours begin at the Cocoa Beach Country Club (5000 Tom Warriner Blvd)
- Take 528 or 520 to A1A south
- Head south on A1A to Minuteman Causeway
- Turn right (West) on Minuteman Causeway
- Turn left onto Tom Warriner Blvd (Cocoa Beach Country Club)
- Turn left at the first parking lot entrance
- Continue past the tennis courts on your left
- The country club pool will be on the right
- Free parking is available to the left of the pool
- The kayak launch is in the grass at the end of the parking lot
- Look for the Fin Expeditions Trailer with the red and yellow
Guests will receive a 50% refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Guests will receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. A refund will not be issued for same day cancellations or modifications. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Group Reservations: All reservations for eight (8) or more guests and given a special group discount are considered a group reservation. Groups will receive a 50% refund or credit with 7 day notice of cancellation. A refund will not be issued for same day cancellations or modifications. Please contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Single Kayak: 1 Person Capacity, Weight Limit – 280lbs.
Tandem Kayak (2 Guests): Total Weight – 500lbs, Individual person – 280lbs.
Three Person Kayak: This set up is perfect for a family of 3 with a child under 75lbs. Total weight limit for this kayak is 500lbs.
Please leave any notes for your guide in the comment section. Items that will be helpful will be approximate weight and and if you are requesting a three person kayak.
If you would like to guarantee your kayak selection we recommend booking a private tour. Please contact us directly.