We get a lot of questions asking if our tours are appropriate for very young children:
- Every child is different, we rely of parents to make this judgement call
- Ask yourself, do you feel your child can sit still in a seat for two hours?
- We must have one person that can paddle for any youngster that cannot paddle for themselves.
- 13 years old is a good guideline for youths wanting to paddle on their own.
- Single Kayak – 260lbs max – 1 person
- Tandem Kayak (dual seating area) – 220lbs max in the rear and 170lbs max in front – 2 persons
- Single Explorer Kayak- 200lbs max – 1 person
No, kayaks or any additional equipment is not needed at all as we provide everything you need for a kayak tour. We are almost the same price as a kayak rental and our guides provide a wealth of knowledge and will take you places you would never be able to find on your own.
Tour times will vary depending on a number of factors including:
- Weather conditions
- Animal behavior
- Sun angles
- Sun intensity
- Time of the year
We Provide Everything You Need For A Comfortable And Fun Experience
1. Single or Tandem Kayak (modern, clean, Cobra styled kayaks)
2. Comfortable life vests specifically designed for kayaking – clean and sanitized
3. Free bottled water
4. Water resistant bag – for personal belongings
5. Free photos included for all daytime tours
The Florida sun can be HOT
- Dress appropriately for the weather (Your clothes may get wet)
- Be sure to wear protective clothing to prevent sunburn.
- Don’t forget a hat and sunglasses
- Wear lots of sunscreen? (Dont forget to cover your feet)
- Flip Flops are the shoe of choice
Monday through Friday tours begin at Ramp Road Park
- Take 528 or 520 to A1A south
- Head south on A1A to 5th Street South
- Turn right (West) on 5th Street South
- Turn left onto S. Brevard Avenue
- Turn right onto Ramp Road
- Ramp Road Park is at the end of the road
- Look for the Fin Expeditions Trailer with the grey Kayaks